ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Library Manager/Client setup

2009-01-21 12:58:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Library Manager/Client setup
From: "Schneider, John" <John.Schneider AT MERCY DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:57:36 -0600
Greetings,
        You don't give us the steps you went through to set it up, so it
is tough to know what you missed, but make sure that the Devclasses are
set up identically.  Make sure the client's devclass has
Mountlimit set to the number of drives it really has paths for.  Make
sure it is pointing to the right library that the two TSM servers are
sharing.  Make sure that the Format is the same. (Once we had Ultrium4
in the format= on one instance, and Ultrium4c on the other instance, and
got the same message you show below.)
        Also do a 'q path' on the library master, and make sure you have
paths correctly defined for both instances to the same tape drives.

Best Regards,

John D. Schneider
Phone: 314-364-3150
Cell: 314-750-8721