ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Unexpected behavior - Win2k3, TSM 5.4, NTFS permissions

2009-01-21 10:15:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Unexpected behavior - Win2k3, TSM 5.4, NTFS permissions
From: "Schaub, Steve" <steve_schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:14:15 -0500
We've used subfiles successfully for large files, but only because we
were able to put large amount of fileclass disk behind our primary
diskpools.  If you do that, collocation and how many subfiles pieces
there are becomes a moot point.
Don't go there if you're using tape as the back end.

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer, Windows
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee