ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Rebuild of TSM on a fresh Windows server OS installation

2009-01-15 14:27:21
Subject: [ADSM-L] Rebuild of TSM on a fresh Windows server OS installation
From: Daniel Lane <dlane AT THEABFM DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:27:02 -0500
Hello Everyone,

I have a few questions.

I have a TSM server 5.3.6 that the Windows server 2003 OS is really dragging
something in the OS is corrupt and I am unable to repair it or correct the non
responsiveness. TSM through the dsmadmc command line is fast and TSM is
functioning as I would expect it.  I would like to format the OS and start on a
fresh Windows server 2003 install and go to the version of TSM 5.5.0. Is there
anything I need to backup before I do this besides the DB and log Volumes? Will
I have to install 5.3.6 first then upgrade? The OS is almost nonresponsive so
upgrading before hand is out of the question.

DB Volumes
C:\TSMDATA\SERVER1\DB1.DSM
C:\TSMDATA\SERVER1\DB2.DSM
C:\TSMDATA\SERVER1\DB3.DSM
C:\TSMDATA\SERVER1\DB4.DSM
Log Volumes
C:\TSMDATA\SERVER1\LOG1.DSM
C:\TSMDATA\SERVER1\LOG1.DSM

What if we didn't care to keep the old data but want to keep the config? Could
we go straight to 5.5.0 then on the fresh install?

Any and all help is much appreciated!

Thank You,
Dan Lane