ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tape Encryption

2009-01-14 09:32:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tape Encryption
From: Wanda Prather <wanda.prather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 09:31:20 -0500
The IBM tape libraries that support LTO4 or TS11x0 drives, also support
encryption, e.g:

TS3500
IBM3494
TS3400
TS3310
TS3200

Other non-IBM libraries that support LTO4 may also support encryption.
For encryption to work on LTO4 drives, you must also be using LTO4 media.

On some libraries the Encryption support may require an extra feature code
or to be installed, so make it clear to your vendor that encryption is a
requirement.