ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] I'm missing something somewhere -- I need statistics on storage pool backup and can't seem to find them

2009-01-12 10:49:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] I'm missing something somewhere -- I need statistics on storage pool backup and can't seem to find them
From: Wanda Prather <wanda.prather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:48:20 -0500
This will give you the BACKUP stats from the summary table:

select cast(activity as char(7)) as "Action",    left(entity,16) as
"Client"      ,        cast(month(start_time) as varchar(2))|| '-' ||
cast(day(start_time) as varchar(2)) as "Date",
left(cast(time(start_time) as varchar(8) ),5)  as "Start",  cast
((end_time-start_time) minutes as decimal(4,0))    as "Min", cast(cast(bytes
as decimal(15,1)) /1024/1024/1024 as decimal(6,1)) as "GB", cast(processes
as decimal(2)) as  "Pr", cast(mediaw as decimal(5)) as MWsec, cast(comm_wait
as decimal(6)) as CWsec  from summary  where activity IN ( 'BACKUP',
'RESTORE')

That will prove how much data is coming daily per node, but not by
filespace.  As km says, the only way to get exactly what you asked for is
probably to do a Q OCC before and after.

FWIW, you are getting >30 MB/sec for the BACKUP STGPOOL process.  If, as the
names imply, your copy pool is on LTO2, that's about the best you can get.
Easy solution is to throw another pair of drives into that process, if
you've got them.