ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Setting the criteria for backing up files

2009-01-08 06:10:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Setting the criteria for backing up files
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 12:09:51 +0100
On 8 jan 2009, at 11:34, Stephan Boldt wrote:

Hello everybody,

we have an applications which changes the creation time (ctime) of
some big
files it uses, even though they are not really being recreated or
changed at
all. The modification time and filesize don't change, just the ctime!
Because of this changed ctime, TSM backs up these files every day
which is
really annoying, because they are rather big and their content hasn't
changed at all!
Is there a way to tell TSM to ignore the ctime?

nope. On a real OS this would just be a file update (metadata only)
but I guess your client is a windows system, so unfortunately, you're
out of luck. Get the application fixed, updating the ctime on a file
is bad behavior.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Stephan