ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Incremental Exchange Problem

2008-12-24 04:16:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Incremental Exchange Problem
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 10:15:27 +0100
What is the logmode on the mailstore? Circular logging must be
disabled for incremental exchange backups to work.

On 24 dec 2008, at 10:09, Minns, Farren - Chichester wrote:

Hi Guys

Running TSM 5.4.1.2 on Solaris, backing up Exchange via TDP

Normally we run daily full backups, and then just incremental at the
weekend, and this had always been working fine. Then, last Sunday
some work was done to move mail boxes out of one storage group and
into a new one (I was not told this was going to be done).

On Sunday night, the incremental backup failed for the new storage
group (STMStorageGroup3) which made sense as there had not been a
full backup of it in the first place. So on Monday a full backup was
taken and I assumed this would solve the issue, but now I am still
seeing failures for the incremental backups of both the new storage
group, AND the original group that the mail boxes were moved from
( CorpStorageGroup).

Looking at the messages below, is this more likely to be an Exchange
issue? The full backups appear to still work fine.

The error messages are below

Many thanks in advance

Farren Minns

From the TSM TDP Incremental Log

Backup of storage group STMStorageGroup3 failed.
ACN5798E MS Exchange API HRESEBACKUPSETUP() failed with HRESULT:
0xc800020e -
Retrying failed backups...

Beginning incr backup of CorpStorageGroup, 1 of 2.

Backup of storage group CorpStorageGroup failed.
ACN5798E MS Exchange API HRESEBACKUPSETUP() failed with HRESULT:
0xc800020e -
Beginning incr backup of STMStorageGroup3, 2 of 2.

Backup of storage group STMStorageGroup3 failed.
ACN5798E MS Exchange API HRESEBACKUPSETUP() failed with HRESULT:
0xc800020e -
Retrying failed backups...

From the dsmerror.log

12/23/2008 19:06:14 ANS1909E The scheduled command failed.
12/23/2008 19:06:14 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'EXCH_INCR' failed.
Return code = 402.

This email (and any attachment) is confidential, may be legally
privileged and is intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are
not the intended recipient please do
not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have
received this message in error please
tell us by reply and delete all copies on your system.

Although this email has been scanned for viruses you should rely on
your own virus check as the sender
accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any bug or virus
infection. Please note that email
traffic data may be monitored and that emails may be viewed for
security reasons.

John Wiley & Sons Limited is a private limited company registered in
England with registered number 641132.

Registered office address: The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester,
West Sussex, PO19 8SQ.

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl
+31 6 24821 622