ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 5.4 --> 6.0 (server)

2008-12-22 11:35:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 5.4 --> 6.0 (server)
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:33:59 -0500
----Original Message----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf
Of Gee, Norman Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 3:19 PM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: Re: 5.4 --> 6.0 (server)

> What is your opinion of placing the DB2 database on a DS8300 or any
> other high end SAN? (RAID 5 only, all 15K drives) parity write
> overhead.
> Is it possible to access both a DS-4200 and a DS-8300 from the same
> pair of FC cards?  Different multipath drivers.

I don't know anything about DS-4200 -- but we've been running our TSM database
on ESS Raid5 disk for a long time. I figure that if it's good enough for SAP R3
on Oracle, it's good enough for TSM.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email and any attachments are for the
exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in
reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please
notify us immediately by return email and promptly delete this message
and its attachments from your computer system. We do not waive
attorney-client or work product privilege by the transmission of this
message.