ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Delete Copypool?

2008-12-16 14:26:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Delete Copypool?
From: "Huebner,Andy,FORT WORTH,IT" <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 13:25:54 -0600
When you delete a copy pool volume you will only lose the data on that volume,
you will not lose the data in the primary pool.  If you run a backup storage
pool to the copy pool TSM will re-copy the deleted data to it.
We deleted nearly 1,000 tapes from a copy pool we stopped using, but before we
ran the deletes, we made sure the primary pools had been copied to the new copy
pools.

Andy Huebner