ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] HSM for Windows.... but... but...

2008-12-15 14:43:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] HSM for Windows.... but... but...
From: "Huebner,Andy,FORT WORTH,IT" <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:43:19 -0600
Rainfinity is the EMC device/product.

Andy Huebner
-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Wanda Prather
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 11:18 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: [ADSM-L] HSM for Windows.... but... but...

I have a TSM 5.5 Windows customer who would like to implement HSM to get
aged windows files moved from expensive high-end storage to cheaper storage,
and really old files moved to tape.  Sounds like HSM to me.  Their tape
library can handle it, no problem.

Problem is, most of those files are on an EMC NAS device, accessed via CIFS
shares.  We back them up with TSM via the CIFS shares.

Anybody know of a way to use/implement  TSM HSM for Windows on NAS CIFS
shares?

CommVault Data Archiver 7 website SAYS their HSM supports both NTFS
filesystems and NAS devices.  Does it work like you'd want it to?
Anybody have another HSM solution for a NAS box?

Ow!  Ow!  Head hurting....

Wanda

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized
representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, copying
or distributing the information in this e-mail or its attachments. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any attachments.
Thank you.