ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to exclude network drives

2008-12-15 06:35:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to exclude network drives
From: Ian Smith <ian.smith AT OUCS.OX.AC DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:34:36 +0000
Roger,

we use the following - cribbed, I think, from the client manual.

Exclude.dir             \\*\*\...\*

This works (if memory serves correctly) due to the client addressing
non-local drives using the UNC convention while addressing local drives
using drive letters.
Try it and see. You will see the network shares listed at the server
when you do 'q files <NODE>' , but a 'query occ <NODE>' should
report no occupancy under these drives.
Unfortunately, I've never worked out how to exclude removeable drives :(

HTH
Ian Smith
Oxford University
UK/England/GB/*