ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] backup time consumption is more

2008-12-11 18:31:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] backup time consumption is more
From: Sam Rawlins <sam.rawlins AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 16:30:26 -0700
You need to be far more explicit in your description of your situation:

How many nodes?
Backups go straight to tape?
What do you mean, "the compatibility?"
What is the "testdb backup?"
The word "server" is ambiguous:
    Are your test and production "servers" TSM servers connected to a client
"server"?
    Or are your test and production "servers" just machines, backing up as
clients to the same "server?"

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:26 AM, ravi <tsm-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
wrote:

> hi guru's,
>          We are facing more time consumption problem while taking backup.we
> have upgraded the tsm version from 5.3 to 5.5.three tape drives are
> used.when we where using a single drive  it will take 8 hrs time to backup
> datas which is around 600 gb
>
>                                      but now we r using three drives it is
> taking 5 1/2 hrs to backup.what should do now.
>
>  i have checked with the comaptibility of the servers its fine.
> And we have run the testdb backup .it is using the memory mostly but when
> we are taking the production db backup half of the tsm server memory is
> used.
>
> both the test server and the production server is connected to the same
> server why there is the memory difference between the two backup.
>

> guru's please suggest....

> |This was sent by ravindranathd AT yahoo DOT com via Backup Central.

Sam Rawlins