ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Best way to use TSM to move 2Tb of data

2008-12-11 14:37:33
Subject: [ADSM-L] Best way to use TSM to move 2Tb of data
From: Nicholas Rodolfich <NRodolfich AT CMAONTHEWEB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 13:35:35 -0600
Hello All,

I have a client that needs to move a 2Tb volume on their Windows file
server. Their TSM sever is also on Windows w/TSM v5.3.4. What is the
fastest/best  way to accomplish this. We tested an archive but it only got
340Gb overnight. They don't have enough disk based pool space to land it
there so we will have to use tape. I suggest kicking up the
resourceutilization parameter on the client to enable multiple sessions but
I am hoping you guys/gals can teach me something.

Thanks for all your help!!

Nicholas