ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] backup time consumption is more

2008-12-11 14:05:32
Subject: [ADSM-L] backup time consumption is more
From: ravi <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 13:26:52 -0500
hi guru's,
          We are facing more time consumption problem while taking backup.we
have upgraded the tsm version from 5.3 to 5.5.three tape drives are used.when
we where using a single drive  it will take 8 hrs time to backup datas which is
around 600 gb

                                      but now we r using three drives it is
taking 5 1/2 hrs to backup.what should do now.

 i have checked with the comaptibility of the servers its fine.
And we have run the testdb backup .it is using the memory mostly but when we
are taking the production db backup half of the tsm server memory is used.

both the test server and the production server is connected to the same server
why there is the memory difference between the two backup.

guru's please suggest....