ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Anybody test Servergraph ..

2008-12-05 09:32:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Anybody test Servergraph ..
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 08:31:02 -0600
I use Servergraph here, and it's helped us a great deal.  I did some
customization on the Operations menus that allow us to check in and out DRM
tapes.  I think a good programmer could probably help design this a little
better, but what we have works well at all three sites.

There are some minor issues, such as some of the graphs do not display for more
than a few days under the health check area.  But, if you drag your mouse
across the blank areas the sub graph that pops up gives you the info you need.
Regular users cannot change their TSM admin ID passwords without Servergraph
Admin level access.  They can change their servergraph password, but in sg you
have to define your TSM server Admin ID and passwords, and if you change the
TSM password you have to be granted admin rights in Servergraph to update your
passwords there.

Over all since putting it in we've saved enough money in cleaning up bad
backups, reclaiming wasted space, and doing better forecasting to pay for the
licenses and then some.  I think it pretty much paid for itself the first year
we had it in.

See Ya'
Howard