ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] "Waiting for access to input volume"

2008-11-25 15:07:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] "Waiting for access to input volume"
From: Remco Post <remco AT PIPSWORLD DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 21:07:03 +0100
On Nov 25, 2008, at 19:45 , Kelly Lipp wrote:

I don't think that's true. The purpose of the new code was to
eliminate the problem with sequential volumes.

I have to side with Kelly on this, recent TSM levels can have
concurrent RO access to FILE type volumes (no tape though, for obvious
reasons),

As for exports, they do seem to lock down a tape for longer than
strictly necessary, at least from what I recall from ancient TSM
levels, but I haven't done an export for ages.

Kelly Lipp
CTO
STORServer, Inc.
485-B Elkton Drive