ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Audit part of a library?

2008-11-24 15:42:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Audit part of a library?
From: Alex Paschal <apaschal AT MSIINET DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 14:38:45 -0600
Hi, Allen.

I recently went through this with a client.  I used "audit library
checklabel=yes", but I did give some thought to not having to do the
whole library.

Windows TSM server:
Disable autolabel
Use library's web interface to remove tapes from library
If necessary, checkout libvol remove=no checklabel=no
Take one of each duplicate tape, checkin libvol search=bulk
checklabel=yes

AIX TSM server:
Use tapeutil or the library's web interface to mount each questionable
tape
dd if=/dev/rmtXX count=1 conv=ascii
This will tell you what the tape's internal label is

Good luck!

Oh, and if anyone knows a similar way to dd the internal label from a
Windows machine, I'd be interested in hearing it.  Thanks!

Alex Paschal
Storage Solutions Engineer
MSI Systems Integrators

Your Business.  Better.