ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Audit part of a library?

2008-11-24 15:07:41
Subject: [ADSM-L] Audit part of a library?
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:06:08 -0500
A sad tawdry tale has led me to a circumstance in which I have a
certain set of tape volsers duplicated in a library of mine.

Pleasantly, these volumes are either labeled (and mostly in use) or
they are brand spanking fresh, and unlabeled (in a TSM LABEL LIBVOLUME
sense).

So I expect that, if I were to AUDIT LIBRARY checklabel=yes, I would
find that the 'bad' (new) volumes would fail the audit, and the 'good'
(old) ones would pass.

But I'm going to have to do this several times, I bet.  I'd prefer to
avoid mounting and label checking the other 1100 volumes every time I
go through the process.

Is there any procedure you folks have gone through, permitting you to
audit -part- of a library?  Or am I being silly, just go mount them
all?

These tape volumes hold remote virtual volumes, so I'm guessing the
AUDIT VOLUME process might be quite quick.  I'm going to give that a
shot, it may be quick enough...

- Allen S. Rout