ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Fw: LAN-free storage agent backing up other clients?

2008-11-20 10:21:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Fw: LAN-free storage agent backing up other clients?
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:19:26 -0500
I looked on the system where we store all our TSM files, and I see a
Sanergy file in the dir I keep the 5.4.0 Storage Agents.  I probably
downloaded it when I downloaded the storageagents from Passport Advantage.

Rick

             Nicholas
             Cassimatis
             <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT CO
             M>                        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            cc
             Dist Stor
             Manager"                                              Subject
             <[email protected]         Fw: LAN-free storage agent backing
             .EDU>                     up other clients?

             11/20/2008 08:28
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

You probably think that because it is - 2nd to last bullet here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/index.jsp?toc=/com.ibm.itsmagent.doc/toc.xml

That same blurb is there back to TSM 5.3, so it's been there for a while..

Nick Cassimatis
----- Forwarded by Nicholas Cassimatis/Raleigh/IBM on 11/20/2008 08:23 AM
-----

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 11/20/2008
07:10:17 AM:
> Re: LAN-free storage agent backing up other clients?
> Richard Rhodes
> to:
> ADSM-L
> 11/20/2008 07:11 AM
> Sent by:
> "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
> Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager".
>
> I have this thought in the back of my mind - that  the Storage Agent
> license comes with a SANergy license.  I'm not sure why I thinkk
that . . .

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.