ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] PROBLEM with TSM 5.5.1.0 combined with VTL systems and RELABELSCRATCH=YES

2008-11-18 10:12:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] PROBLEM with TSM 5.5.1.0 combined with VTL systems and RELABELSCRATCH=YES
From: "Bos, Karel" <Karel.Bos AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 16:10:43 +0100
Hi,

Thanx for the info. Seems to be not only limited to virtual tape
libraries. Got a I2000 complaining bout unmatching labels. Just checked,
library is configured to relabel scratch volumes (why, I do really not
know):

Serial Number: ADIC203100978_LL1
AutoLabel: OVERWRITE
Relabel Scratch: Yes

Lately it is giving a lot of :

11/17/2008 2:35:28 PM ANR8808E Could not write label XXXXX  on the
volume in drive DH2_131 (/dev/rmt0) of library ADIC because that volume
is already labeled with YYYYY which is still defined in a storage pool
or volume history.

ITSM server
Storage Management Server for AIX-RS/6000 - Version 5, Release 5, Level
1.1

Regards,

Karel