ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Checking a copygroup definition

2008-11-16 20:10:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Checking a copygroup definition
From: Steven Harris <sjharris AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:07:47 +1100
No-one has bitten Gary, so I'll take a stab

You have specified VERD=0 and RETO=778
So, when your file is deleted on disk, then TSM will keep either no
versions or for 778 days, whichever comes first.  This is not what you
want.

Change VERD to 1 and I think this will give the desired behavior. 1 version
kept for 778 days after deletion.

HTH

Steve.

Steven Harris
TSM Admin, Sydney Australia

             "Lee, Gary D."
             <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            To
             Dist Stor                 ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Manager"                                                   cc
             <[email protected]
             .EDU>                                                 Subject
                                       [ADSM-L] Checking a copygroup
                                       definition
             14/11/2008 06:43
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Before I activate this policy set, I want to make sure it is doing what I
want.
What I need is to save the last version of everything for 778 days.
I think I've got it right.
Policies below.

                 Policy Domain Name: BBSAVE
                    Policy Set Name: STANDARD