ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] backup stgpool issue

2008-11-12 11:28:00
Subject: [ADSM-L] backup stgpool issue
From: "Tyree, David" <david.tyree AT SGMC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:25:47 -0500
            I've got something strange going on here. If I run a backup
storage pool command from my primary pool to one of my offsite copy pool
everything is fine. It will finish whenever it is done. Same when I do a
backup to my onsite copy pool. As long as let them finish everything is
ok.

            However, if for some reason I do a cancel on the process
things get interesting. I do the cancel on the process and wait for it
to finish. I do some q proc's to check to see if it's finished yet. Once
it finishes I then go back and start another backup stgpool.  I get an
error saying that a backup is already in progress.

The q proc is coming back with nothing and I do a q mount just for the
heck of it and it comes back with nothing mounted. It's like a hidden
process that I have no control over and can't monitor.

I end up having to halt and restart TSM to get control again.

I'm running TSM 5.4.1 on a Windows 2003 box.

Any ideas?

David Tyree
Interface Analyst
South Georgia Medical Center
229.333.1155

Confidential Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
copies of the original message.