ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] switch to a different policy

2008-11-04 09:32:00
Subject: [ADSM-L] switch to a different policy
From: Avy Wong <AWong AT MOHEGANSUN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 09:30:36 -0500
Hello,
      I am asked to reduce the total storage used/backedup on a node by
controlling it from the TSM  side.
Currently this is the policy it is hooked up to (see below).  I was told to
only allow 'versions data exists'= 2 . If I hook up the node to
a new policy with 'versions data exists'= 2, will I be able to control the
total storage used. Will there be other unforeseeable problem that
switching policy midstream will cause lost of data ? This is one of those
nodes that I do not have access rights to the box .
Thank you for your help.

Policy Domain Name = Standard
Policy Set Name = Standard
Mgmt Class Name = Standard