ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to stop data from expiring

2008-11-03 07:43:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to stop data from expiring
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 07:41:29 -0500
On Nov 2, 2008, at 11:23 PM, Cheung, Richard wrote:

Today is Monday..  I have just been told that I need to keep the
backup
for /etc from Saturday until further notice due to a business
requirement....

It sounds like they want to freeze a copy of what was on that file
system Saturday.  I think the sanest thing to do is perform a point-in-
time restoral of that data to an empty file system on that system, or
a same-type system using Virtualnodename, then do an Archive with an
infinite-retention management class.  You can then rename the
filespace to a name like "/etc_Saturday_20081101_frozen".  The backup
data can expire as usual.

   Richard Sims