ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Database Backup Trigrer...

2008-10-24 05:29:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Database Backup Trigrer...
From: Erwann Simon <erwann.simon AT FREE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 11:28:33 +0200
Hi Kiran,

Of course, enabling automatic backups of the db by a trigger does not prevent from ding manual backups. Manual backups (or planned ones) are still the recommanded way to backup the db. The trigger should only be a safety valve. It's not mandatory to define a db backup trigger when you enable the rollforward mode of the recovery BUT it's higly advisable to do so !

Before enabling this rollforward mode, ensure that you have enough space in you recevery log to keep all your transactions between two planned db backups (see Q LOG F=D : Cumulative Consumption (MB) and Consumption Reset Date/Time, and see RESET LOGCONSUMPTION command).

--
Best regards / Cordialement / مع تحياتي
Erwann SIMON

Kiran a écrit :
Hi,

I have configured TSM Server 5.5.0.I want to put the recovery log mode as
roll forward where we can set backup trigger for automatic backup

Of database.

Can we do manual db backup even if i set db backup trigger??Because
sometimes I will be doing Archive in between backups very regularly and I
want to perform

A db backup once I finish my Archive.

Is it mandatory to set the db backup trigger, if the recovery log mode is
roll forward??

Regards,

Kiran M

Disclaimer:
This email message (including attachments if any) may contain privileged,
proprietary, confidential information, which may be exempt from any kind of
disclosure whatsoever and is intended solely for the use of addressee (s).
If you are not the intended recipient, kindly inform us by return e-mail and
also kindly disregard the contents of the e-mail, delete the original
message and destroy any copies thereof immediately. You are notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited unless approved by the sender.

DQ Entertainment (DQE) has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the
risk of transmission of computer viruses with this e-mail; DQE is not liable
for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. DQE
shall not be liable for the views expressed in the e-mail. DQE reserves the
right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
e-mail address< br>