ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] IBM TS3310 vs IBM TS3200

2008-10-22 02:27:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] IBM TS3310 vs IBM TS3200
From: Adrian Compton <acompton AT ASPENPHARMA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 08:24:21 +0200
Hi

We run both. A ts3200 at a small site and 2 x ts3310 at 2 larger sites.
The ts3200 requires manual intervention for ejecting tapes etc which is
quite painful, but worth it for the smaller site.

I agree for Enterprise scalability to use the TS3310.
It is an amazingly simple yet powerful library.

We have a 9U expansion on it giving me 108 Tape Slots, 18 io slots and 4
drives. One thing to mention, you have to buy a licence to use 28 of the
slots on the 9U expansion as they are locked. Rather look at all the
options at time of purchase. AND max your drives as you will need them.

Regards

Adrian Compton
Aspen Pharmacare Port Elizabeth
tel: +2741 4072855