ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Library Manager and Migration question

2008-10-15 14:08:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Library Manager and Migration question
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:07:03 -0500
Sounds like you signed with the wrong group, you know more than they do.
I've been in this same boat with TSM and other apps.  Drives you up the
wall.  We had one vendor put in a TSM system at a former workplace.  He
told us we only had to run reclamation on the onsite pools and the
offsite stuff would just "take care of itself".

Anyway, All you really need, from my understanding, is to setup a new
TSM server LPAR and make it the Library manager, and make the current
TSM instance another Library client.  Then setup your other TSM
instances as you desire, and perform node exports.  I would upgrade to
TSM 5.5.1 first, so that you can do restartable exports and imports,
etc.  From my perspective and what I've seen in this no data loss should
be expected, and you can do a good dB backup ahead of time to give you a
overwhelmed by any environment (noticeably that is).

See Ya'
Howard