ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] HSM on Linux: Anyone? How'd you get there?

2008-10-13 12:13:38
Subject: [ADSM-L] HSM on Linux: Anyone? How'd you get there?
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:12:02 -0400
Hey, all.

I'm in a mild pickle: I've talked up the virtues of HSM, but my
opinions have all been rooted in the AIX HSM experience.  Attempting
to implement in Linux, I'm finding life to be a royal pain in the
patoot.

I've been slogging through GPFS, and I appear to actually have the
bloody thing installed and a disk defined.  Now, I have to find
'rsct', which I'm blithely informed "is shipped with products that
exploit the technology".

Only, I see no rsct here, and the GPFS install bundle only drops

   - gpfs.base-3.2.1-0.i386.rpm
   - gpfs.docs-3.2.1-0.noarch.rpm
   - gpfs.gpl-3.2.1-0.noarch.rpm
   - gpfs.gui-3.2.1-0.i386.rpm
   - gpfs.msg.en_US-3.2.1-0.noarch.rpm

Have any of you-all implemented HSM in a linux environment?  By what
path did you reach function?

Argh.

- Allen S. Rout