ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Library manager/library conundrum

2008-10-02 13:03:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Library manager/library conundrum
From: "Bos, Karel" <Karel.Bos AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 18:42:06 +0200
Mark,

As said, check your paths. The error says:
- there is no tape in this drive (mixed up elements nummers, tape is put
in one drive, windows opens another one);
- tape is in the correct drive, but TSM is unable to communicatie with
the drive (driver issue, firmware issues, other connection issues).

Checking drive things on windows with:
- ITSM device manager (serial number/ \\.\tapeX mapping
- communication with the drive via lbtest/mttest.exe utils (part of tsm
install)
- and anything else you can find to make shure things are happening as
you think they are :)

Mounts are performed by the library manager, communication is done from
the library client. Because your tape is mounted on the library manager
doesn't mean the library client is able to connect and talk to this
drive.

Regards,

Karel Bos