ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 5.2.3 Down on Windows 2003

2008-09-29 03:42:37
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.2.3 Down on Windows 2003
From: MUHAMMAD SADAT ANWAR <sadi AT SUPER.NET DOT PK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:44:09 +0500
Dear All,
I am on Windows 2003 and TSM 5.2.3.

Yes - I know i need to upgrade..We had it planned for next week to 5.4.

Right now the problem is:
1- DB volume extension was triggered and the space for that was not availble on
the disk.
2- My guy, swithced off the server and then restarted just to know that the
server is not comming up.
3- Using "dsmserv -k" command he tried to restart the server. It could not
stating that there are few log files not present.
4- Upon inspection, do many log files were deleted from the server by him TO
CREATE SPACE ON THE DISK.
5- AND yet edited the file "dsmserv.dsk" to remove the entries of the files.
6- Now the server upon dsmserv -k server1 says that

ANR0990I Server restart-recovery in progress.
ANR0212E Unable to read disk definition file dsmserv.dsk.

7- I have a database backup with me for 26th September which i can safely go to
for my server to come back up and then after clearing the damage, UPGRADE !!

Please help !

Sadat

 Sent via SUPERwebmail - Supernet web-based email service
 http://www.super.net.pk/mail