ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Scheduler Hang

2008-09-26 11:25:45
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Scheduler Hang
From: "Huebner,Andy,FORT WORTH,IT" <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:24:38 -0500
We have started seeing the Scheduler service on Windows hang.
The backup stops processing, the Schedule stays started, but nothing happens.
The fix for now is to stop the scheduler and restart the acceptor.  This is
only happening on a few of the servers and they do not seem to have much in
common, they are running different apps.

Versions:
Windows 2000 and 2003 (32bit)
Agent 5.3.2.2 and 5.3.4.8
TSM 5.4.2.0 (AIX)

We plan on upgrading the agents to 5.4.2.3 and 5.3.6.0, but this process will
take some time.

Andy Huebner

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized
representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, copying
or distributing the information in this e-mail or its attachments. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any attachments.
Thank you.