ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Changing a library dev on lib path - done

2008-09-25 07:17:04
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Changing a library dev on lib path - done
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 07:15:36 -0400
>You're correct, you do need to take the library offline.
>
>Update the path to offline=yes; then you should be able to delete the path
and the device.

>Tom

I got it changed, but it took a shutdown/restart of the tsm instance.
Here's what I did . . .

- took the lib path offline
- deletted the lib path
- tried to define the new path, but this failed due to the lib being in use
- waited and retried this define a bunch of times - lib was always in use
- shutdown/restarted the instance
- when tsm came back up I WAS able to define the path

Oh well . . . it's changed now.

Rick

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.