ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] select and script

2008-08-26 12:18:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] select and script
From: Remco Post <remco AT PIPSWORLD DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 18:18:09 +0200
On Aug 26, 2008, at 17:17 , Kauffman, Tom wrote:

It would be nice -- maybe after the DB2 conversion we'll get a
genuine TSM server-side command language and scripting facility.

Until then I do a lot of admin work from the outside with a mix of
perl and shell scripts.

Unfortunately, for most TSM admins it's much easier to distribute a
server script to all TSM servers than to run a set of scripts against
all server instances on all servers (or even get the scripts there and
be able run them in cron).

As for TSM 6.1, I'd expect nothing more than current 5.5 functionality
WRT the scripting engine.

TK