ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Updated VS Backed Up

2008-08-26 12:17:31
Subject: [ADSM-L] Updated VS Backed Up
From: Tommy Hueber <info AT TSMBLOG DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 18:15:10 +0200
Hi Shawn, thanks for your compliment :-)

I must admit I would expected this to be an option that could be added to
the cloptset, but I was not able to figure it out. So I've added a
workaround and adjusted the text of the article:

You can add "TESTFLAG DISABLEATTRIBUPDATE" in dsm.sys. When checked with
'dsmc q opt' a strange thing to notice is: 'TESTFLAGS: Not yet implemented'
is displayed.  Maybe this functionality will be added in the future?

But when the file is backed up, it will be resend (again, instead of just
meta data being updated) so it works!

When you want this to work for all your AIX clients, you can include the
-testflags=DISABLEATTRIBUPDATE parameter in a client option set with a
possible FORCE=YES. However, after some testing and playing around with
parameters I was not able to get this to work. It can be added to the client
option set on the TSM server without problems, but the TSM client keeps
complaining about 'ANS1038S Invalid option specified' and 'ANS2038W Invalid
option'.

Hopefully, in a next release of the TSM client the
-testflags=DISABLEATTRIBUPDATE parameter will become an normal, documented
and supported parameter. It would be nice to have in dsm.sys, for example, a
client option 'DISABLEATTRIBUPDATE YES'.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Tommy Hueber.

http://www.tsmblog.org