ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Rebinding files to a new management class?

2008-08-21 12:17:58
Subject: [ADSM-L] Rebinding files to a new management class?
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 12:14:40 -0400
Hi Everyone!

If I have a particular file system, /u01,  that had been receiving the
default management class, but I would like it to now have the mc365
management class assigned to it in the include/exclude list, will all
files backed up under the /u01 file system be rebound to the mc365
management class tonight when it does it's incremental backup?  I just
wanted to make sure that I was 100% sure about this.  Thanks so much!

Rebinding associates a file or a logical volume image with a new
management class.
Backups of files are bound again to a different management class in the
following conditions. In each condition, the files (active and inactive)
are not bound again until the next backup.
You specify a different management class in an Include statement to change
the management class for the file. The backups are managed based on the
old management class until you run another backup.
Your administrator deletes the management class from your active policy
set. The default management class is used to manage the backup versions
when you back up the file again.
Your administrator assigns your client node to a different policy domain
and the active policy set in that domain does not have a management class
with the same name. The default management class for the new policy domain
is used to manage the backup versions.
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems, Storage Mngt Analyst III
Phone Number: (717)302-9966
Fax: (717) 302-9826
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com