ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Recalling drmedia volumes to restore a damaged volume.

2008-08-19 17:31:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Recalling drmedia volumes to restore a damaged volume.
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 16:29:57 -0500
You need to run the "restore vol <volnum> preview=yes" command.
When that process completes you may have to search the activity logs,
but you'll find the volumes the process needs for restore that way.

It will say something to the affect "<volnum> required for volume
restore"  (if you run the dsmadmc in consolemode as I do, you'll see
them scroll by).  I forget the exact error code to look for but it will
be an ANR####I message.

Record those and manually call them back from offsite.

When you get them check them in as private, and then update each volume
to "readonly".

Update vol <volnum> access=readonly

Then rerun your restore process without the preview option.

See Ya'
Howard