ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Running a D/R test, and restored a major fileserver -- but only got back the default access control permissions

2008-08-19 16:23:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Running a D/R test, and restored a major fileserver -- but only got back the default access control permissions
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 15:21:55 -0500
Forgive me if I'm speaking out of turn, but if the users and groups that
the permissions are assigned to are not present in the OS, I believe
they (the permissions) may not get restored.

Also, I think you can do a permissions restore only by restoring only
the directories while using the volinfo restore switch.

You might want to look into that.

See Ya'
Howard