ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] backup via NAT with TSM

2008-08-18 10:37:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] backup via NAT with TSM
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:36:42 -0500
Yes, I have done this.  It's fairly straight forward.  You have to make sure
the firewall guys allow the TSM server to go to the address assigned to the
client node on its side of the NAT via port 1502 and other admin type ports,
and the client has to be able to reach the TSM server via the ip address
assigned to TSM on its side of the NAT (port 1500, etc.)  The DSM.opt files
don't have anything special in them other than the IP address for server is the
NAT'ed IP address and not the real one.  It's been a long time, so I can't
speak with certainty about which other ports need to be opened each way.  Your
Firewall/NAT admin(s) should be able to tell you which ports they see
communications attempted.

See Ya'
Howard