ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM client MIB for SNMP

2008-08-13 10:03:31
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM client MIB for SNMP
From: "Laughlin, Lisa" <Lisa.Laughlin AT DOR.MO DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 09:02:16 -0500
Alphabet soup this morning!

I know that SNMP and logging events to receivers is documented for the
TSM server.  Since I am not a TSM server admin, I'd like to not have to
mess with that and see if I can do something client-side.

We use Orion SolarWinds to monitor our network and devices and I am
hoping there is a MIB that the TSM clients have (or can get hold of) so
that we can poll whether managed servers have the tsm client installed
on it.  I can't find any info regarding SNMP or MIBs for the TSM
clients....can anyone help me out?

I am trying to find a solution to the question-- are all our servers
being backed up?  Since "all our servers" are by definition in
SolarWinds, I'd like to be able to show and use the reporting
capabilities of SolarWinds to query our servers and show that they are
or are not backed up (or do or do not have the TSM client installed on
them).

thanks!
lisa