ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DSMC return codes broken in 5.4?

2008-08-13 00:15:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DSMC return codes broken in 5.4?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 00:13:59 -0400
First, run the query outside of a script to confirm the behavior, like
this:

   dsmc q b c:\file.txt
   echo %errorlevel%

If the errorlevel is 8, that would confirm that the script is not at
issue.

Next check your dsmerror.log for any warning messages that coincide with
the time you ran the query. If I were a betting man, my money would say
you are hitting the infamous ANS1009W DRM registry problem.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 08/12/2008
03:11:06 PM: