ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Change retention policy on specific volumes

2008-07-31 14:58:49
Subject: [ADSM-L] Change retention policy on specific volumes
From: "Haberstroh, Debbie (IT)" <HABERDE AT VOUGHTAIRCRAFT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:58:01 -0500
Hi All,

I have been asked to move multiple volumes to another storage pool so that I
can change the retention to no limit.  I do not want to change all of the
volumes on a node, only select volumes.  I know that retention is determined by
the management class and if you change the management class it rebinds on the
next backup but I need to be able to change it on existing volumes without
backing up again or changing it on all of the data.  Is there any way to do
this and if so, how can I accomplish this quickly.  We were informed today and
they want it by tomorrow.  Thanks for the help.

Debbie Haberstroh
Server Administration