ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] New TSM Layout

2008-07-31 10:31:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] New TSM Layout
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:30:14 -0500
That depends more on the number of disks you writing to and the type of
san you are using.

For instance if you are using an SVC or other virtualization solution
your 900 gb may already be striped across more than 30 disks. Then
partitioning may not be necessary.
If you are using a direct connect solution you may see better
performance if you create multiple luns across  a number of arrays. In
this instance you are better off partitioning them as the sizes of the
physicals disks presented to the system.

We are using 3 1 tb luns being served by an SVC for diskpools to one TSM
server. But each diskpool varies in size from 100gb to 1.5 tb. All the
diskpools have 25-50gb volumes defined and each diskpool has volumes on
each lun.