ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDPSQL update

2008-07-30 18:17:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDPSQL update
From: Mark Yakushev <barsik AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:16:42 -0700
Shawn,

If you want the use /excludedb option, you need to install DP for SQL 5.5.0
or higher.

Regards,

Mark L. Yakushev

From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: 07/30/2008 02:48 PM
Subject:    [ADSM-L] TDPSQL update

Just to make sure I'm not looking in the wrong places....
Is it right that there were no TDP for SQL (32 bit) updates between 5.2.1.
and 5.5 ?

My SQL servers don't have all the requirements for the 5.5 client, but I
need that excludedb option to avoid the whole "differential backup of the.
master db" issue
http://www.adsm.org/lists/html/ADSM-L/2005-11/msg00258.html

I hate coding the database names explicitly.  Is my only option forcing
the sql servers to upgrade?

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,.
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord.
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will),
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that
certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC,
Inc.