ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] issue message and TEC

2008-07-25 05:46:13
Subject: [ADSM-L] issue message and TEC
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:43:47 +0200
Hi All,

I'm currently working on a setup where we want to send out TEC alerts of TSM
related events that are not automatically picked up by TSM. We thought to
use ISSUE MESSAGE and have TSM send out an alert to TEC. Now it seems that
with TSM server version 5.5.0.0 TSM doesn't send out a TEC event when you
ISSUE MESSAGE, even though that message (ANR1498E) is enabled as a messgae
to be send to TEC (ENABLE EVENT tivoli anr1498).

The actlog confirms that there is a connection to TEC (ANR8681I Connected to
Tivoli event server at....)

Can anyone confirm that TSM indeed is designed not to send out TEC events on
ISSUE MESSAGE, no matter what? Or is my collegue at the TEC console not
looking in the right place? Unfortunately, I have no access to TEC myself ,
nor can I look over the shoulder of somebody who does.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post, PLCS