ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Newbie Question

2008-07-21 16:04:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Newbie Question
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:03:55 -0500
We are running a similar setup with our cluster nodes.

Cluster1  - nodea, nodeb, nodec   - all active.
3-5 cluster groups with disk resources. Which are serving as 3-5 file
and print servers. I use the cluster name and "file and print alias
name" as my TSM definitions. If you want to add the C drives, those
should have a separate schedule service configured the same as a
standalone box.

TSM definitions.
Clustername_aliasname1
Clustername_aliasname2
Clustername_aliasname3
Clustername_aliasname4
Clustername_aliasname5

On each node of the cluster we create an options file for each tsm
definition with the same name in the Tivoli\TSM\baclient directory.
Clustername_aliasname1.opt
Clustername_aliasname2.opt
Clustername_aliasname3.opt
Clustername_aliasname4.opt
Clustername_aliasname5.opt

Create five schedulers and 5 Webclients (if needed) on each cluster node
each preceeded by the alias name.
Aliasname1 - TSM backup scheduler
Aliasname1 - TSM Client acceptor
Aliasname1 - TSM Remote Client Agent

Create ten cluster resources, 2 per group to allow failover of the
scheduler service and the TSM Client Acceptor also preceeded by the
alias name.

It can be complicated, and even more so when some groups require
archives or a different set of rules to back up specific data.

I have a three node cluster with 12 different scheduler services and 6
of the definitions require a Web client.