ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM upgrade to 5.5.1

2008-07-17 10:04:14
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM upgrade to 5.5.1
From: Björn Rackoll <backup AT RRZ.UNI-HAMBURG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:02:52 +0200
Hi,

currently we have TSM 5.3.4.2 running on AIX 5.3 (and an IBM 3494 tape
library with eight 3592 drives, Atape 10.7.3.0) and are planning to
upgrade to 5.5.1.0 soon. I've already tested this upgrade on my test
machine, and it worked fine. This absence of any problem made me even a
bit suspicious. :-)

My questions:

- Which kind of tests would you recommend performing before you'd
declare a new TSM version 'ready for production'? I've read Technote
1196013 and the relevant section in ADSM.QuickFacts. Performing a simple
backup and restore from different clients worked fine, LAN-free is not used.

- Do you know of any pitfalls in 5.5.1.0 or should it be safe to use on
the server?

Regards,

--
Bjoern Rackoll