ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Define vol on Network share problems.

2008-07-16 16:15:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Define vol on Network share problems.
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:13:54 -0400
The share needs to be accessible by the user that is running the TSM
service.  If it is running under the system account, you have to do some
fancy windows administrator stuff to get it to work.  Also, if the file
volume doesn't exist already, you have to use the "f=" option in the
command (Which you used in #3)

By the way, I can't imagine using a random access volume like this on a
network share could have great performance.  Hopefully this is just a
lab/test TSM implementation?

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
dhensley AT MCNEILUSCO DOT COM

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
07/16/2008 03:55 PM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] Define vol on Network share problems.

I am running Windows 2003 server on an IBM box. Tivoli Storage Manager
version is 5.5. I created a new Disk Storage Pool. I am trying to define
the volumes of this disk storage pool on a network connected share.  I
have
a DFS share setup for the network share. I have tried running the
following
commands
1. DEF VOL diskprim1 \\domain.name.xxxx\resources\share Returned info:
ANR2404E Define Volume: Volume \\domain.name.xxxx\resources\share is not
available. Return code: 14

2. DEF VOL diskprim1 Drive letter:\share  Returned info: ANR2404E Define
Volume: Volume Drive letter\share is not available Retur code: 14

3. DEF VOL diskprim1 \\domain.name.xxxx\resources\share\diskprim1_vol1
f=10
w=y Returned info: ANR7821W Unable to create directory when creating
volume
\\domain.name.xxxx\resources\share\diskprim1_vol1

Can anyone help me with this issue. If more information is needed please
let me know. Thank you all.

Dave Hensley
Technical Analyst
McNeilus Companies, Inc.
Desk: 1-507-374-8587
Cell: 1-507-244-0921

Although this e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of any
virus or other defect which might affect any computer system, it is the
responsibility of the recipient to check that it is virus-free and the
sender accepts no responsibility or liability for any loss, injury,
damage, cost or expense arising in any way from receipt or use thereof by
the recipient.

The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential
information and intended only for the use of the individual or entity
named above, and may be privileged.  If the reader of this message is not
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this transmission in error, please  contact the sender
immediately, delete this material from your computer and destroy all
related paper media.  Please note that the documents transmitted are not
intended to be binding until a hard copy has been manually signed by all
parties.
Thank you.

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.