ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Help on exclude files ...Please

2008-07-16 08:13:23
Subject: [ADSM-L] Help on exclude files ...Please
From: Robert Ouzen Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 15:11:54 +0300
Hi to all

Please help me I tried to exclude files or directories on a Linux Client
version 5.5.03 without any success and it makes me crazy.

I want to backup  "/"  and "/boot"

Under    "/"      I have several directories as "/var/tmp"    or     "/var/log"
    or      "/tmp"      I don't want to backup

In the dsm.opt I add this line:   domain                ALL-LOCAL

In the dsm.sys I add this line:   inclexcl
/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/cciprnt.excl

On the file cciprnt.excl  I tried several options as exclude.dir and more … but
always I saw the files on "/tmp" or "/var/tmp"

One example of this file:

exclude.dir    "/var/tmp"

exclude.dir    "/var/log"

exclude.dir    "/tmp"