ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tricky conversion problem

2008-07-08 14:33:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tricky conversion problem
From: Stef Coene <stef.coene AT DOCUM DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 20:32:07 +0200
On Tuesday 08 July 2008, Martha McConaghy wrote:
> On a hunch, I've tried creating a server connection between old and new
> TSM server.  Then, I exported a filespace to a virtual volume
> (devclass=server) on the new server.  It sits on a 3592 tape right now.
> However, the new server will not allow me to import this tape, as it
> belongs to a pool and it thinks it is in use.
>
> Is there any way to make this work?  I'm at a loss for ideas at this point.
> I could create a virtual volume on disk and move the old filespaces to it,
> but then I'll have to keep the old server running "forever" or at least
> until it will run no longer.
You can export from server directly to an other server with export node
command.
You have to define a server-to-server connection.  Give the target server a
paswoord (help upd server) and define the server on the source server (help
def server).  And then you can say:

To export client node information and all client files for NODE1 directly to
SERVERB, issue the following command.
Command
     export node node1 filedata=all toserver=serverb

(From help export node)

Stef