ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Problem with manual drive

2008-07-06 09:26:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Problem with manual drive
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 09:25:29 -0400
On Jul 6, 2008, at 9:02 AM, Tran Dai Nghia wrote:

I have a TSM backup server 5.4 and a manual drive TANDBERGTS400.
When I
backup data the client  to tape firstly, TSM server requires a
scratch tape,
then the process is successful, I eject the tape (tape01) manually.
However
I backup data of the other client, TSM server always requests mount a
scratch tape and no use tape01. How do I configure to TSM uses
tape01 for
the next backup process.

I'd advise downloading the TSM Concepts manual from
and study that, to be able to use this complex product effectively.

At your TSM server level, the primary sequential storage pool
COLlocate value defaults to GRoup, where without any collocation
groups defined the result is collocation by node, meaning that each
client starts on a new tape.  Evaluate the collocation choices to
configure the best one for your needs.

   Richard Sims     http://people.bu.edu/rbs/